Amaechi says he is not corrupt

Amaechi
 Minister for Transport, Rotimi Amaechi has said that he has suffered a lot due to allegations of corruption levelled against him.
Amaechi, a former governor of Rivers State, made the comment on February 2, 2016, while delivering a lecture at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) in Kuru, Plateau State, Leadership reports.
“I was harassed, though I fought my way through, they accused me of corruption, I suffered a lot, I suffered a lot about corruption,” Amaechi said.
“I don’t like money, I believe once you can feed, you don’t need money again, all those who accumulate are doing so to their detriment,” he added.
Amaechi has been accused of corruption by his predecessor, Nyesom Wike who recently urged him to account for how his government spent N3 trillion in funds accruing to the state.
Amaechi’s ministerial confirmation was also stalled due to claims that he was involved in corrupt practices while in office.





Comments

Popular Posts